Last Saturday we spent a most pleasant evening watching the second game of the Stanley Cup Final over at our friends Peter and Cathy's house. Late on, Cathy told me of an accident she'd had a couple of days earlier that was so bonkers I can't stop thinking about it.
In short, her foot had been cut open by a shard of flying, shattered gobstopper. Fortunately it was not a serious cut, but it apparently stung a bit.
As this is the first time I have encountered an injury, to a foot or otherwise, caused by this particular type of candy, I was rather interested to hear about it. Let's face it, it's far from your average jelly-baby-stuck-up-the-nose story, eh?
Knowing me as she does, after she'd related this odd tale Cathy said: "Will you blog about this?"
"Probably," I replied.