Sunday, March 13, 2011

Jumpers for Goalposts: 2011-12 Premiership Edition

It's not April 1, is it? After stumbling over this snippet of ridiculousness in the football gossip section of the BBC website this morning, I had to double-check my calendar in case I had unknowingly been in a coma for three weeks:

Tottenham's shirts for next season could contain computers that will reveal how tired the players wearing them are.

I used to love football. Like, really love it. Today, not so much. One of the many reasons for this is because I don't really care how tired the players of Tottenham or any other professional club get when kicking an inflated bladder about. It's their 'job,' for which they are paid more in a week than I will be for a lifetime of, you know, actual work. 

Tsk. Whatever next? Boots that supply them with vitamin supplements by osmosis while simultaneously auto-Tweeting their every kick of the ball? Again, I say tsk.

No comments:

Post a Comment