Friday, January 25, 2013

Colonel Curmudgeon

Wow, there is someone even more curmudgeonly than me. And I know him, but at the risk of embarrassing 'Ned Peas' (anagram) I will not name and shame him here. Not that he'd care, I suspect, as he's so proud of his curmudgeonliness he uses "Curmudgeon" as a middle name on his F***book page.

Anyway, the other day he wandered into the store and, without a hello or any other kind of greeting, pronounced, "Hell is other drivers." Then he mumbled at his boots for a moment before following up with, "What a shame it's so difficult to buy guns in Canada."

"Er, why?" I inquired. "Because I'd have killed two people already this morning," he spat, before returning to mumbling at his boots as he shuffled exit-wards. "Have a nice day, 'Ned Peas'!" I shouted after him.

"Mumble, mumble, mumble..."

No comments:

Post a Comment