Sunday, January 23, 2011

Drivel & Gubbins

I, Captain Curmudgeon, welcome you to Morrison's Nifty Drivelarium & Gubbins Repository. I hope you're going to like it here. Pull up a chair and make yourself at home. I'll go put the kettle on.

I used to blog on MySpace under the rather unimaginative name of Blog Cabin, and it seems something like twelve people on this earth really liked it. Seventeen on good days. It was originally specifically aimed at relating aspects of my (now far from) new life in Canada for the benefit of some friends that don't live here. But that was then, and just like MySpace, it died. Anyway, in my quest to continue amusing that loyal dozen, perhaps in the process enticing a few others into my lair of self-indulgent claptrap, I thought it worth returning with a new coat of paint.

Morrison's Nifty Drivelarium & Gubbins Repository will bring much more than musings on life in this vast land, though. The world is bigger than that. It is natural that my immediate surroundings and everything that Canada is and isn't will provoke the odd posting, but this blog will be far wider in scope - because it also has to be fun for me. I'll therefore talk generally about things I like (e.g. amusing animal behaviour, lemon meringue pie, banjoes); things I don't like (e.g. insects with hundreds of legs, Westboro Baptist Church, jazz fusion); music, books, movies and the miscellany of everyday life. In other words, expect drivel and gubbins as the fancy takes me. Whether Canadian-themed or otherwise, if my scribblings help to lighten your day, make you think, or pursue something that may enhance your existence, all the better. 

Thank you, now and always. Have a splendid day. 

          

2 comments: